Week at a Glance Dec. 6 - Dec. 10
If students need to be picked up for appointments/illness during school hours we ask parents do the following:
let the office or your child's teacher know in advance that they need to be picked up
come into the front entrance by the gym
ring the doorbell located inside the front entrance
do not come into the main part of the building
a staff member will bring your child to meet you
do not ask us to send children out to your car alone - we need to see a parent
If someone other than a parent is required to pick up a child, we need to know about this in advance
Extra Reading and Math Practice at Home
Our teachers are providing reading programs and math support for home practice. Please take advantage of this help. If you are not sure about what your childs’ teacher is offering please ask. We recommend 30 minutes of practice per evening.
- Daily Covid Screen (click) Please do not send your child to school if they have symptoms. Children are invited back after 48 hours of being symptom free.
- The school has Rapid Test kits for families. Please let your child’s teacher know or contact the school if you would like to have a kit(s). There are 5 tests/kit.
- Vaccine clinic at Argyle School - We have not yet been advised from Sask. Health if our school will be a vaccine site. If it is, you will be notified. Vaccine clinics will be after school hours and a parent will need to be present.
Mindful Monday, Dec. 6
- Staff Development Day - No classes for students today
- SCC Meeting over Zoom at 6:30 - please let Kathy Black know if you would like the link (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Make Time Tuesday, Dec. 7, Day 3, Kindergarten B
- Candy Cane sales start. Students can purchase candy canes for 50 cents with the proceeds going to support school activities. (GLC - all week)
Wellness Wednesday, Dec. 8, Day 4, Kindergarten A
- Seasonal Art displayed
- Plant Pick up - in gym from 3:30 - 5:30
Thankful Thursday, Dec. 9, Day 5, Kindergarten B
- Art Club at noon - Arts Ed. studio
- Snowman building - weather permitting
- Plant Pick up in gym from 3:30 - 5:30
Gator Gear Friday, Dec. 10, Day 1, Kindergarten A
- Ugly Festive Sweater Day
UpComing Dates - Our Gator Leadership Council (GLC) will make posters and fill us in with the details closer to each event. Events will be posted in Edsby.
- Nov. 29 - Food Bank drive (Dec. 1 - Dec. 14)
- Nov. 30 - collect gently used or new board games or books for our Argyle families (Dec. 1 - Dec. 14)
- Dec. 13 - GLC judges the decorated classrooms and the art displays
- Dec. 14 - homemade ornament contest
- Dec. 15 - Mini-Games Day - Cultural games explored
- Dec. 15 - “Getting Ready for the Holidays” videos are shared with families over Edsby
- Dec. 16 - Pyjama Day for the whole school
- Dec. 16 - Snuggle up and read day in the gym with cookies and cocoa (grades K - 5)
- Dec. 17 - Senior dodgeball tournament (grades 6 - 8)